Ipswich and Surrounding Areas
Roof Restoration Ipswich
To restore your roof means to bring it back to its original condition or pretty close to it! There are many instances where restoration of your roof is a better option than replacing your roof all together!
Roof Cleaning in Ipswich
Ipswich Roof and Gutters offers cleaning services for your roof. Our roofing contractors will transform the look of your roof and thereby the facade of your home!
The cleaning process will get rid moss, algae and lichen, you may not even really notice it but when you see how clean your roof looks after we’re done with it, you’ll be convinced its a good investment! First impressions are vital, especially when it comes to selling or leasing out your house, or maybe you’re getting a re-evaluation of your property, the state of your roof is vital in adding value to your property.
The build up of moss, algae and lichen can lead to drainage problems, blocking the gutters, eroding the surface coats of your existing roof and tiles which can lead to much more costly repairs in the future.
Just as with regular gutter cleaning, regular roof cleaning is essential in the longevity of your roof.
Roof Repointing and Re-bedding
The bedding on your roof refers to the concrete mortar that keeps the roof materials such as tiles in place. Over time, this concrete mortar can deteriorate and lead to lose tiles and roof leaking, therefore it is important to maintain it, this is the process of re-bedding.
Roof pointing is a strong second layer that goes over the initial roof bedding and helps to further add protection to the roof.
Both Roof Repointing and Roof Re-bedding are services that we offer throughout the Ipswich Region in Queensland.
Tile Roof Restoration
To restore a tiled roof, our roofing contractors will firstly, we remove any cracked, broken, chipped and defective tiles and replace them with an identical tile that will make your roof watertight and appear cohesive.
Then the surface is cleaned using a high pressure washer to remove any debris, like moss, lichen and algae.
Following the cleaning, the roofer will take care of the ridge caps, by either replacing them or restoring them onto a re-bedded surface.
Roof repointing is next, we use up to date materials to ensure the best outcome for your roof.
An anti-fungal spray is next, this will ensure. longer lasting result without the need for further cleaning for longer.
Then, the roofer will seal and coat the tiles according to the budget and desired outcomes of the home owner.
Sometimes a good coat of paint can do wonders for the overall appearance of your house. Your roof will need to be properly cleaned before a roofer will paint the surface of your roof. You can choose from an array of colours that we can match to suit your home and get you the best longevity from your choice of top coat.
All of these restorative services for your roof are offered by Ipswich Roof and Gutters, we are licensed contractors and will prioritise your and our safety with all appropriate PPE and safety equipment.
How much will it cost to restore my roof in Ipswich?
The cost of restoring your roof will depend on these factors:
- the size and pitch of your roof
- the overall condition of your roof and extent of required repairs
- how accessible your roof is for our roofing contractors
- the type of finish you require/budget allows for
This is why, to give you the fairest and best estimate for the cost of restoring your roof, we offer FREE quotes where we come out to your property in Ipswich or surrounding suburbs and assess the roof ourselves, then we give you the best quote that we can.
The Benefits of Roof Restoration in Ipswich:
Why should you restore your roof?
- Add value to your property
Your roof is an important factor in determining the value of your property: it can either add value or decrease the value of your property.
- Fix problems promptly before they become bigger issues
Your roof is also the protector of your house and belongings from the elements, and we all know how unpredictable the QLD elements can be, so your roof needs to be reliable. For this reason, your roof needs to be in good condition to be able to protect you.
Replacing your roof can be a very costly exercise, you may be able to restore your roof instead, to ensure that you don’t compromise on the safety or longevity of your home but that you also save money.
What is the process to get your roof restored in Ipswich?
1. Book in for your free quote and inspection of your roof.
To give you the best quote and estimation for your roof, your trusted roofing contractor needs to be able to see and examine the condition of your existing roof, inspect any damage and give you the best advice for your unique situation
2. If your roofing contractor deems that a roof restoration is a better option than a roof replacement, the next step will be to high pressure wash your roof.
3. Once the surface is clean and your roof is free of mould and debris, your roofing contractor may need to re-bed and repoint areas of your roof with products that are flexible, durable and will withstand the harsh Queensland weather.
Rest assured that at Ipswich Roof and Gutters, we don’t cut any corners!
4. The clean and prepared roof surface then needs to be sealed to make sure that the top coats adhere strongly to the roof surface which means greater longevity for the life of your roof restoration including the paint job!
5. Once the surface is properly sealed, the roofing contractor will apply the top coats to give your roof that brand spankin’ new look that your neighbours will be raving on about!
6. Your roofing contractor will tidy up and make sure that your property is left better than when you first hired us!
Our Roof and Gutter Services in Ipswich
Gutter Replacement and Gutter Repair
Get in Touch
7am - 5pm Mon-Fri
Available for emergency repairs after hours